Across America for Wounded Heroes is a non-profit raising money for the Wounded Warriors Project with a unique goal — to raise 1 million dollars by driving a 1948 John Deere tractor across the United States.
Their site needed to:
- Explain the purpose and nature of Ivan Stoltzfus’s trip across the country
- Provide a place for Ivan and his team to communicate with the public
- Allow the public to follow his travels
- Remind visitors to donate
- Scale for possible traffic spikes
The site has performed beautifully on a DigitalOcean nginx setup. And when Statamic added HTML caching, nothing slowed the site down.